Wet Basement Solutions
June 5th, 2018
Wet basements in Tottenham, Bolton, Beaverton, Beeton, Barrie, Arthur, Thornbury and other areas can be a real problem any time of the year, but often a wet basement can particularly be problematic in the spring. You can tell if you have a wet basement problem if you can see water seeping through the cracks in the concrete floor or if there are traces of water in many other locations of the basement. It is a good idea to check your basement regularly for damp or wet areas.
There are many techniques and materials used to ensure wet basement waterproofing in Muskoka Lakes, Barrie, and Midland. It is important to prevent water from leaking into the basement of a house. Wet basement waterproofing a basement that is below ground level can require the use of sealant materials, the installation of drains and sump pumps. You can also wet basement waterproof your interior walls which may solve the water problem.
There are many techniques and preventative measures to wet basement waterproofing:
- Decide the source of the water problem
- Use a dehumidifier to get rid of the dampness
- Insulate pipes
- Use insulation in your walls
- Use gutters and downspouts to keep water away from the foundation of your house
- Fill in holes and cracks in the foundation
- Waterproof the walls
- Use a proper drainage system