Tips to Prevent Mould Growth in Wet Basement
March 14th, 2022
Storms, heavy rainfall, flooding, or just a burst pipe! In all these situations, your house will have a wet basement Port Perry. A wet basement is not an ideal condition for your house.
Not only will it affect the foundation and structural integrity of your house but will also cause health problems. You might think how? The answer is mould! Yes, mould will be the first thing you will encounter in your wet basement. It takes no more than 48 hours for mould to show its grand presence in the wet basement.
Mouldy walls and eventually paint peeling off. Respiratory issues to the residents such as cough, cold, wheezing. Damage to any personal belongings kept in the basement such as furniture. And absolute incapability to use the basement for any other purpose. The repair of such damages including your health will be expensive. So, you need to make sure that mould doesn’t grow in your wet basement. How do you make sure of that? Our experts give you some tips.
- Turn off electric power: Human body, electricity, and water, one deadly combination! You want to avoid fatal injuries due to this mix. So, before you enter your wet basement Simcoe, make sure to switch off the electric power.
- Remove the water: If you had flooding or a burst pipe, you need to use a gas-powered water pump to remove the water from your basement. The remaining water will be removed using a sump pump.
- Remove all your items: With a wet basement, all your items will be wet. Make sure to remove these items from the basement to a dry area such as your garage or your driveway. This will help them dry out, preventing mould growth.
- Clean walls and let air in: Once you have emptied your basement, you must clean the walls using warm soapy water. Let fresh air enter your basement to dry out the moisture. You can also use a dehumidifier to remove the moisture.
- Call a professional for mould repair: After you have done everything, check for mould. If you find that there is mould growth even after taking measures, you need to call a professional company like us at Ontario Wet Basement Solution Inc. right away.
We have the expertise to tackle wet basement Haliburton professionally using the right equipment and tools. We will ensure that your wet basement is repaired and there is no mould growth in the future. We also offer basement waterproofing and repair services.
Contact us now to know more.