Mould in Your Wet Basement
May 7th, 2019
Exposure to damp and mouldy environments may cause a variety of health effects. For some people, moulds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. People with mould allergies or asthma may have even more severe reactions. It takes about 48 hours for mould to grow. The longer mould gets warm and breeds in humid conditions, the more of an area it can infiltrate and grow, and then subsequently more spores get released into your home. After a you discover a wet basement, it may be time to enlist wet basement services to ensure proper basement mould removal.
Wet basements are a breeding ground for mould and mildew. Dealing with basement leaks when it rains and fighting the mould and mildew that result from a constant moisture problem in your basement can feel like a never-ending battle. Even if there is no visible signs of mould, don’t ignore the fact that mould may be present. Ontario Wet Basement Solutions will be able to get your basement dry and keep it that way so that you can enjoy your home without worrying about potential health issues. It is important to inspect your basement furniture and stored materials in your basement where mould is suspected, such as cardboard boxes and their contents and the under-side of furniture. There can be mould growth on the unfinished surfaces of wood objects, probably because the absence of a coating means that such surfaces take up more moisture than other sides of the same item. Mould can grow under your carpet and many other places in your basement that you may not be aware of. These are health risks caused by a wet basement.